“A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.” – from The Betrothed by Rudyard Kipling There’s something about a glass of wine and a good cigar. I’m not sure how to explain it, but if you’ve hit the right combination of wine and cigar you know what I mean. Women [...]
Tag Archives | Did you know?
The Strange Case of Rudy Kurniawan aka “Dr. Conti” Rudy Kurniawan first appeared on the scene in the early 2000s. He was, reportedly a part of a wealthy ethnic-Chinese family living in Indonesia, but even that part was a little foggy. He said the the name “Kurniawan” had been given to him by his father [...]
Last year we were devastated by the birds attacking our vineyards as the grapes began to ripen. The damage was so severe that we lost almost 100% of our Nortons and Traminettes. In dry years the birds love to eat the grapes, not for the flavor, but for the moisture. They love the sweet sugary [...]
We get lots of questions about the “red tree” just up the hill from the Wine Garden behind the Norton Vineyard. Especially in winter when the leaves come off and it shows up the big red berries that cover its entire branches. It’s a Missouri Holly, sometimes called a “Midwestern Holly” and we have three [...]
Cheese is a popular and delicious pairing for wine. But with the wide variety of cheeses and Missouri wines available, how do you know what goes best with what? The good news is that there are no laws in the food and wine pairing department. Part of the fun is trying trying out different combinations [...]
Today’s EventsNo events scheduled today.
- June 22, 2013 - Gabie McGarragh entertains begins 1:00 pm @ our Pavilion
- June 23, 2013 - Gabie McGarragh entertains begins 1:00 pm @ our Pavilion
- June 29, 2013 - Ali Jaye Duo entertains begins 1:00 pm @ our Pavilion
- Wine Barrel Tasting Weekend April 20, 2013
- Parson’s House B&B – Defiance, MO April 12, 2013
- A Year in the Life of the Vineyard II April 3, 2013
- A Year in the Life of the Vineyard March 29, 2013
- The Bucket List March 24, 2013